Star Trek TNG: Ship's Counselor

Partway through Season 2 of our Star Trek The Next Generation rewatch, my next nail inspiration became clear:  the distinctive asymmetrical curved V neckline of Counselor Deanna Troi's turquoise dress.

Star Trek TNG: Counselor Troi's dress
outdoor, shady/overcast daylight
The obvious choice for Troi's out-of-this-world dress was Literary Lacquers Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, a pretty perfect bright ocean turquoise that's both a sparkling linear holo as well as one sprinkled with holo microglitters.  I considered using a neutral polish on the fingers with the negative-space areas, but instead let my slightly milky base coat, Nail Tek Formula 2, carry that job solo, and it turned out completely lovely. 

Star Trek TNG: Counselor Troi's dress
window-filtered sunlight
To get that neckline just right, I used the doubled arc and straight line designs from Lina Feeling Shapely 10.  I stamped first in PGGB to mark where I wanted the design to be, then painted my nails from that point outward.  When I was done, I stamped back over in the same spot with the same designs using MoYou London Electric Teal to make the negative space look crisp and as a nod to the top-stitched design along the neckline of the dress. 

Star Trek TNG: Counselor Troi's dress
outdoor, afternoon sunlight
~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball