Star Trek TNG: Chief Medical Officer

The real reason I had to try out Sally Hansen Denim this week is that we've been on a huge Star Trek The Next Generation kick at our house and I have for sure found my nail art inspiration for the next while.  Many beloved things from youth end up aging quite badly, but this show is still a huge winner and has become our ideal quarantine entertainment.  It's fun, adventure-y, and smart, with occasionally brilliant/hilarious costuming choices, and I'm in utter love with the old-skool matte painting backgrounds for alien landscapes.  But the thing that's surprised me most, in a way I certainly did not appreciate as a teen, is how breath-of-fresh-air healthy it is.  People make huge mistakes with devastating consequences, the crew has to work around some utter jerks, there's loss and grief... but the mis-steps never get twisted into petty vengeance, and people successfully work through their issues like adults. 

Star Trek TNG: Chief Medical Officer
outdoor, overcast daylight
Of course I had to start with the redhead doctor, and this is my interpretation of Beverly Crusher's Chief Medical Officer's uniform.  Over a base of Sally Hansen Denim, I've put a layer of NanaCoco Love Black on the diagonal as a nod to the angled shoulder design of the TNG uniforms.  My index finger has her 3 commander's pips using a circles design from zjoy-014, and my ring finger the combadge from SP-022, both in El Corazon Fragrant Mimosa.

Star Trek TNG: Chief Medical Officer
outdoor, bright sunlight
Keep on boldly going!

~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball