Bee's Knees Gravebone

Well, for the duration of Halloween I kind of ditched my alternating light & dark mani looks, but in thinking I should get back to that (and also reminded of all the gorgeous things I have untried by Bee's Knees recent release), I picked up Gravebone.

indoor, bright CF lighting

Gravebone is one of those extremely accurately named polishes - it's a jelly somewhere between nude and taupe, rather like old, weathered bone, dusted with a sprinkling of aqua-to-purple shifty shimmer.

outdoor, bright afternoon daylight

It's quite sheer to let that shimmer shine through, though I don't think it'd work as a topper because of the highly unusual base color.  Though some of BK's other "UP" polishes were sold with opaque crème undies, Gravebone was not.  I'm showing 3 coats here, and have even coverage but not opacity.

outdoor, bright afternoon daylight

In angled lighting, the sparks of unearthly sea green flip over to blue and lavender purple, which pulls the whole look of the polish toward a cooler-toned mauve.

outdoor, bright afternoon daylight

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  3 out of 5 stars.  This polish is quite unique in my stash, and is a subversive sort of modern neutral, but it does kinda make me look dead (which is totally the vibe I think is intended).  It wore like a jelly on me, quicker than ideal, but had a very easy to work with formula that covered very evenly with each coat.  

Where to buy:  Bee's Knees is planning to close up shop by the end of this year, so your best bet going forward will likely be destashes & blog sales.

~Michelle 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball