Enchanted Polish Hot Chocolate For Unicorns

I'd originally intended to stamp my last mani with some fall leaves, but that color was just too distracting to cover up.  Then last week, I received from older Enchanted Polishes from an estate sale, which reminded me of how much I loved their stuff, so take 2 for fall leaves:

indoor, bright CF lighting

Hooboy, pulling this one out of the vault!  Enchanted Polish released Hot Chocolate for Unicorns way back in 2014.  As you can see here, my bottle has a pretty fantastic case of "ugly bottle syndrome" where the chalky white pigment that makes the polish opaque (and not a sheer jelly) has started to precipitate out onto the bottom of the bottle.  It looks orange here, but nah, it's actually white.

window-filtered bright daylight

Hot Chocolate is an utterly perfect shade of melted Hershey bar.  It's super smooth and creamy, and is a one-coater if you have a heavy hand.  I found that a 2nd coat deepened the color, though it had no real effect on opacity.  That rich opacity means this is not a blazing holographic, though - in super bright sunlight, a delicate linear holo sparkled forth, but in any other light this was a crème polish.

outdoor, overcast/shady daylight

Wanting some autumn leaves and that holo oomph, I stamped in a caramel-colored holo polish using a leaf & vine motif from Marianne Pro 25.

indoor, bright CF lighting

And that meant in bright sunlight, the holo of both blended into each other, making a more whiskey colored linear holo without as a distinct pattern.  Wheee!

outdoor, bright direct daylight

Hot Chocolate is a saturated dark color, and so started to show very fine, even edgewear after about 2 days.  I find this is pretty typical for dark colors, where the white of my nail shows up much more obviously than with light or pastel shades. 

outdoor, direct bright daylight

As you can tell, the UBS that afflicts my bottle has absolutely zero impact on the color or application - this genuinely is merely a cosmetic issue when this shows up.  

indoor, bright CF lighting

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars, this polish is a big winner for me.  Do I want it as holo-y as the bottle suggests?  Yes indeed I do.  But would I want it more holo in sacrifice of the rich, delicious color?  Nah, I'm happy with what I have.  

Where to buy:  Not only is this bottle pushing a decade old, but Enchanted also closed her doors a bit over a year ago.  They still pop up in destashes pretty regularly, so keep your eyes open.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball