Sinful Colors I Love You

I needed a little summertime flash for my pedicure last week, and loved Sinful Colors I Love You enough that a matching mani was definitely in order.

bright CF lighting
Though the brightness of this light makes the polish look a little too sheer, it's definitely the most color-accurate of any pics I got - yep, the dreaded purple camera curse strikes again.  ILY is a rich purple jelly that tips over to the red/plum rather than the blue/royal purple side of things.

indirect, overcast light
It's got a lovely glassy shine even before topcoat, and is packed with a pretty, almost glassfleck sort of sparkle.

indirect, overcast light
The shimmer here is very subtly duochromatic, shifting from purple to bronze (which didn't change the overall appearance of the color).


I brushed on a gradient of Sinful's Nail Junkie for accent nails - since both polishes are jellies, no sponge was needed.  I painted the nail tip in one color, then the base in the other, making sure to have irregular edges (instead of a straight line across), and to overlap where the transition was at each layer.

dat shimmer!
Rating:  3 out of 5 stars.  At this price point,  you can't beat it.  While it did wear like a jelly on me (more quickly than I'd like), it was fine, even edgewear and not chips at all.

Where to buy:  Sinful Colors polishes are found at most drug and big-box stores, and I typically find the fullest displays at Walgreens or Rite Aid.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball