2018 Oscars Nails!

Last night was the big show, and for the third year in a row, I not only managed to catch all the best picture nominees, I managed to get a little memento of each one on my nails!  As with years past, I used a double handful of stamping plates, a bit of freehand painting, and tons of both stamping and regular polishes.

And the nominees are:

2018 Oscars nail art

On my left hand:
1.  a map of Europe with X marking the spot where it's all going down in The Darkest Hour
2.  a small craft braving rough seas to rescue the British army at Dunkirk
3.  Lady Bird's home state of California and home city of Sacremento

2018 Oscars nail art

On my right hand:
4.  scales of the fishman in The Shape of Water
5.  the peach and piano that frame moments in Call Me By Your Name
6.  the wine bottle molotov cocktail thrown in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri
7.  lace on the Belgian princess' wedding gown, and the hidden stitched message within, from Phantom Thread

2018 Oscars Nail Art

And on my thumbs:
8.  Chris' tears of shock and terror in Get Out
9.  the Washington Post (in literal pieces)

A friend hosted a great Oscars party, and I won the costume contest with my movie nails!

Hope your night was fun, too!
~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball