St Patrick's Day green: Baroness X Obligatory Unicorn Body Fluid + Fandom Cosmetics Vilya

St Paddy's day falls this year on a Saturday where I don't have going-out plans, and just wasn't feeling any elaborate nail art... but there's always time to knock out another untried green!

Baroness X Obligatory Unicorn Body Fluid
indoor, bright CF lighting
Baroness X released Obligatory Unicorn Body Fluid (the label has the name in lower case surrounded by parenthesis, as though she's just as loathe to call shifty shimmers "unicorn pee" as I am) as part of her mystery unicorn box at holiday 2016, along with an assortment of other unicorn-themed polishes & bath products.  It's a slightly murky kelly green jelly full of gold and iridescent flakes, iridescent glitters, and holo microglitters.

Baroness X Obligatory Unicorn Body Fluid
outdoor, bright sunlight
I'm wearing 3 coats here over a peel-off basecoat; the color starts out sheer but builds nicely.  The iridescent glitters that were super popular for a while there are beautifully obvious in the bottle and on the swatch stick I made when I first got this box, but much less so on the nail - clearly, I needed to leave this sitting upside down for 10 minutes after shaking to counteract the glitters settling to the bottom. 

Baroness X Obligatory Unicorn Body Fluid
indoor, window-filtered daylight
For my accent nail, I'm wearing Fandom Cosmetics Vilya, which I'd lemminged hugely when I first saw it and was lucky enough to come across in a destash not long ago.  It's metallic and holo gold glitters in several sizes, along with blue metallic glitters in a clear base.  Vilya is sheer enough to be used as a topper, yet builds to opacity quite quickly - I'm wearing 3 coats here, and needed just a little dabbing to get complete coverage.

Fandom Cosmetics Vilya
indoor, bright CF lighting
Rating:  3 out of 5 stars for this green unicorn, though a big chunk of it being good but not great is due to the sparseness of the sparkles.  I think I'd like it a lot more if I took the time to let everything re-suspend properly.

Where to buy: neither of these are available now, so it's blog sales & destashes.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball