Lacquester One More Green (OMG)

My favorite color is green, so I'm a permanent sucker for any unusual or striking green polish.  When Lacquester released a green version of her gorgeous Mortal Coil early this year, of course I leapt right to it!

Lacquester One More Green (OMG)
indoor, CF lighting
The bottle shot of Lacquester's One More Green (aka OMG, natch) tells you most everything you need to know - we have a luscious hunter green base jam-packed with a contrast shimmer that shifts from red to bronze and a dusting of holo microglitters, and Lacquester has switched to a new bottle design that feels more sturdy and luxe (me likey!).  The one fib here is the borderline lobster hands - this polish looked lovely on me all the time IRL, and only tinted me reddish in this pic.  Even slight color correction or lightening of the photo made the color accuracy of the polish itself off, and I wouldn't do that to ya, so here's my faux-crustacean moment.

Lacquester One More Green (OMG)
window-filtered daylight
This polish went on in thicker coats than I usually do, probably because I didn't have as much control as I'd like with the brush (more on that later).  I'm wearing 2 coats + topcoat here, and this was fully opaque at that coverage.

In lower lighting, OMG was fall in a bottle, a dark nut brown with green edges.  In bright sun, though, not only did those holo glitters flash, but the shimmer got amped to RED and fall turned to Christmas.

Lacquester One More Green (OMG)
outdoor, direct sunlight
At slight angles, the red/brown shimmer tilted toward golden bronze...

Lacquester One More Green (OMG)
outdoor, direct sunlight
...and finally all the way over to bright emerald green.

Lacquester One More Green (OMG)
window-filtered overcast daylight
Oh yes, this is what aurora pigment is supposed to do best - be so gorgeously shifty as to be almost indistinguishable from "real" Clarins 230 type shimmers!

Lacquester One More Green (OMG)
window-filtered overcast daylight
Rating:  a flawless 5 out of 5 stars for this gorgeous color.  It's 100% me.  My only quibble was the new brush that went along with the new bottle design - I'm already not a fan of the broad paddle-shaped brushes from previous bottles of Lacquester, but this brush was even larger and borderline mop-like.  Fortunately, the maker offers smaller replacement brushes for those of us that don't like big ones, and even more fortunately the formula here was super easy to clean up.  A green this saturated that doesn't stain?  What sorcery is this!?

Where to buy:  This is a store exclusive for russian shop One More Polish, which was kindly made available for a single run to the Lacquester fan group.  I've never ordered anything direct from Russia before, let alone from this shop, but if anyone has un/successfully done so, I'd love to hear about it!

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball