Pahlish Fiji

Pahlish has been releasing a handful of gorgeous muted colors with crushed gold flake lately, and I jumped right into her most recent restock a couple of weeks ago to grab some must-haves.

Pahlish Fiji
indoor, bright CF lighting
Fiji is a lovely aqua crelly filled with plenty of the aforementioned crushed gold flake.  I think it leans ever so slightly more blue than green, but definitely look at bunches of swatch photos if you like aquas that are more one than the other - this does appear different based lighting conditions, and I'm very sure skin tone will play into how this looks on you a whole lot.

Pahlish Fiji
indoor, bright CF lighting
I had smooth, even coverage at 2 coats, and it would have been fine to stop there.  The color appeared very slightly more muted and greyed at 2 coats, likely due to the not 100% opaque crelly formula letting my nail bed show through just a touch.  Since the sun came back out the day I painted, I went for a 3rd coat, which brightened and saturated the color but didn't change the appearance of the crushed gold flakes. 

Pahlish Fiji
window-filtered overcast daylight
I bought this polish knowing I was going to create turquoise stone nails with it - the gold flakes in the soft not-quite-greyed aqua is just begging for the stone treatment, and I love how it turned out. 

Pahlish Fiji
outdoor, bright sunlight
I've created similar looks before and didn't want to repeat myself with stark black or gold for the stone veins.  Instead, I'm using Model's Own Mushroom, a warm taupe-grey crème, and the not fully opaque appearance and softer color of these cracks are exactly what I was going for. 

Pahlish Fiji
outdoor, bright sunlight
This is 3 different organic/irregular patterns from KADS MIN 026, changing the stamper orientation and which part of the image I've used, so that the patterning looks as free-form and non-repetitive as possible.  I topped using a cheapo matte topcoat from 6 below, which was burnished half off to an interesting waxy half-shine by 24h later that looked just like polished stone to my eye. 

Pahlish Fiji
window-filtered daylight
Rating:  5 out of 5 stars.  This polish was great to work with, and I think far more visually interesting than a gold flake topcoat would be over a similar crème color.  Flakie distribution was perfectly even without dragging or clumping on each and every coat.  The brush was utter perfection, and I needed almost no cleanup even with 3 layers of polish.  I loved this enough that I'm seriously debating picking up even more of these gold flaked Pahlishes!

Where to buy:  direct from the Pahlish web store.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball