Summertime garden - KADS Flower 015

Now that we're at the first of the summer, and the sun finally came out for more than a brief peek, I was feeling some bright summertime color explosion.  But not neon, because that just isn't my jam.

KADS Flower 015 + Enchanted Polish March 2014
outdoor, bright sunlight
Enchanted Polish March 2014 is as close to neon as I usually wear, a cheerfully bright chartreuse green holo.  I'm wearing two coats here, after which I applied decals stamped in black and filled in with Emily de Molly & Esmaltes da Kelly crèmes.  Images are from KADS Flower 015, a stamping plate that was an instant must-buy the moment I saw it.

KADS Flower 015

KADS is a budget plate maker that's usually shipped from China.  I've seen them offered on Ali Express, but I always prefer to buy Chinese goods from ebay - seller communication and shipping times end up much better for me.  KADS Flower 015 is an utterly gorgeous set of 9 images that are an insect or butterfly on the left half, metamorphosing to sprays of flowers on the right.  Each of the insects and each of the flowers are thoroughly different, and each half of the design is enough to occupy my medium-length nails.  The bonus 5 smaller butterflies across the bottom of the plate are sized perfectly to entirely fit on one nail (which I did on my not pictured right hand).

KADS Flower 015 + Enchanted Polish March 2014
outdoor, bright sunlight
Though this plate was very inexpensive (about $2.50 at the time I got it, likely even cheaper now that it's been out for a while), I had zero issues with it.  It's well etched and really nicely detailed.  It'd be easy to create many different floral or butterfly looks, and the addition of less frequently seen insects like the bee and luna moth (my fave!!) open a lot of other possibilities.  One of the other 2 moths appears to be a death's head, so Halloween or Silence of the Lambs themed nails could be done with this plate, too.

KADS Flowers 015 + Enchanted Polish March 2014

Happy summer solstice!

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball