Nude & white floral: Butter London All Hail the Queen

This week at work, we had a super important inspection with a team of site visitors from outside our institution.  While science-land is plenty relaxed about office-appropriate attire, and even the bigwigs in my group don't care what color my nails are, this was most certainly one of the times where a loudly non-traditional color didn't need to do my talking for me.

Butter London All Hail the Queen
indoor, bright CF lighting
Out of everything I could have grabbed, I debated only a few options, and went with the most flattering nude/neutral in my stash, Butter London's All Hail the Queen. 

Butter London All Hail the Queen
outdoor, bright sunlight
I've worn this before, and know that it looks great with my skintone, tastefully neutral in all lighting, and is utterly put-together and professional.  I couldn't quite handle being utterly plain all week, though, so jazzed it up a bit (very subtly) this time.

Butter London All Hail the Queen
outdoor, bright sunlight
First off, to amp up the extremely subtle scattered holo shimmer (of which there's only a suggestion in this polish), I added a coat of Norther Lights Gold for a few more little sparks in the sunlight.  Then, I stamped using Pretty Serious Presence - this white isn't opaque in just one coat, so creates a much softer look than stark white stamping would have - with an assortment of light floral curlicues from Nicole Diary 091.

Butter London All Hail the Queen
outdoor, bright sunlight
This got me through all week of meetings, and wore much better than it had the first time around. 

Butter London All Hail the Queen
indoor, CF lighting
And aaaaahhhhh back to colors with a little more flash for next week!

~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball