St Patrick's Day - Lacquer Lust One Lucky Unicorn

This world is head-over-heels crazy lately, and it frankly has me losing track of time since nails aren't what's keeping me up at night.  With St Patrick's Day coming up, it suddenly occurred to me that March had so far had nary a irish-winking green design, so time to get on that.

Lacquer Lust One Lucky Unicorn
indoor, CF lighting
Lacquer Lust used to occasionally release limited edition unicorns, often around a holiday theme.  Each of these had a signature somewhat sheer silvery/neutral holo microglitter base, with various other glitters added for the theme.  I had to have this one as soon as I saw someone's sparkly swatch photos... and yet kept saving it for some other St Paddy's, unloved for 4+ years?

Lacquer Lust One Lucky Unicorn
outdoor, shaded daylight
One Lucky Unicorn was, of course, a St Patrick's Day offering.  This version of the sparkly holo glitter base has translucent lemony yellow and bright kelly green glitters in at least 2 sizes each.

Lacquer Lust One Lucky Unicorn
outdoor, bright sunlight
Pictures do not do this Unicorn justice.  In bright lighting, it's an explosive disco ball of rainbows that "sparkle" doesn't even begin to cover.  I have no idea why  my camera failed to accurately capture the laser sparks flying, but I promise it was at least 3x brighter and more POW than what I'm seeing here.

Lacquer Lust One Lucky Unicorn
outdoor, slightly overcast daylight
This went on in 3 easy coats, with the coverage of the base sparkle as well as the quantity of yellow & green glitters both intensifying at each layer.  Stuff this sheer always has potential as a topper, but in this case, I really don't think you'd want to.  That silvery base is gorgeous on its own, and you wouldn't want to lose either of the glitter colors by painting over a matching base. 

Lacquer Lust One Lucky Unicorn
indoor, bright CF lighting
To dial up the holiday theme, I've added super shiny foiled shamrocks in Lina Call Me Rex! and MoYou London's Geek 14 plate on my ring fingers & thumbs.  Simple, cute, sparkle, woohoo!

Lacquer Lust One Lucky Unicorn
indoor, CF lighting
Rating:  an utterly perfect 5 out of 5 stars.  This does exactly what it says - shines like a crazy diamond - and wears like iron to boot.  I have zero edgewear after 5 days.  It's a bit thirsty, and I'm showing 2 coats of topcoat here, but the lack of a glassy smooth surface did nothing to tone the shine down in the least.  We all know how glitter removal is going to be, but I was in the mood for a sparklefest, so no regrets.

Where to buy:  here's where the story gets sad: as far as I can tell, Lacquer Lust isn't keeping a shop open as usual, and might be on extended hiatus or closed.  There were a few PPU month contributions up to about a year ago, but etsy and her old store links are closed now, with another placeholder under maintenance.  Here's hoping these unicorns come back again!

~Michelle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Book Club Nails - The House in the Cerulean Sea