Girly Bits Eggnogoholic + stamping

Apparently, my pendulum is going to swing with each mani from a light color to a vampy one.  Maybe that's my new deal this year:  office appropriate then crazy each week?  Who knows?!

indoor, bright CF lighting
Girly Bits Eggnogoholic was from a holiday collection (of course, given the name) from a couple of years ago.  It's a barely off-white color that my grandmother would have called "almond," and it's in a translucent crelly finish that gets a lovely shine with one layer of topcoat.

outdoor, filtered daylight
VNL was certainly happening in all lighting conditions, but in that delicately feminine way that I think is pretty and not a flaw.  I'm wearing 2 coats here, but I'm not really sure you'd get to opacity even with 4.

indoor, CF lighting
The small, opaque gold glitters in Eggnogoholic are a subtly festive touch to an otherwise subtle neutral.  They're not holo or flashy, just a gentle break in the color.  I wore this to a meeting with the big boss, with no concern that it was anything other than office appropriate.

outdoor, morning sunlight
All of which had me kind of done with it after just a day or two, I needed a little more OOMPH.  Since I already thought I looked like an upscale holiday package, I added cute gold paisleys from the BPL-024 stamping plate to amp the effect.  While they look pretty brassy here, at arm's length IRL, they look more like gilt painted onto glass.

indoor, CF lighting for both

Rating:  Eggnogoholic gets a solid 4 out of 5 stars.  It wears very nicely and is almost flawlessly self-leveling, so if you're ok with the soft & sexy sort of VNL, it's all good.

Where to buy:  direct from Girly Bits.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Book Club Nails - The House in the Cerulean Sea