Alien Covenant: Shleee Nostromo

I was off to see Alien Covenant this weekend, which neatly coincided with an Alien mani challenge on the Shleee Polish Facebook group, so my nails dressed up for the occasion.

Shleee Nostromo
indoor, bright CF lighting
Nostromo, named of course for the ship that found itself in trouble in the 1979 film, is a blackened teal shimmer sprinkled with holo flake that is utterly reminiscent of starlight gleaming on the sleeping ship.  Seriously, one of the best inspiration results ever!  It was mostly opaque in one coat, but deepened up and became flawlessly opaque with two.  The shimmer & holo flake have a tendency to stick to the skin, so careful painting that minimizes a need for cleanup is a good idea, but this polish did not stain my skin or cuticles at all.

indoor, bright CF lighting
For my fandom look, I added an accent nail with a pointed ellipse as a call-out to the glowing green line in both the Alien and Aliens posters, using Different Dimension Saber That, a neon green glow-in-the-dark polish.  I couldn't capture the glow in any of my pics, but it did look cool IRL.

window-filtered overcast daylight
Rating:  a super pretty 4 out of 5 stars.  I've been loving Shleee's Alien releases lately!

Where to buy:  stalk Shleee's web store every Friday morning for new releases, and snap up any you like - she often makes one batch and then retires the polish.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball