Colors by Llarowe Love, Actually

"Traditional" red polish isn't often my go-to - my fair skin tends to look yellowed out or scary white with a bold red, and if I'm going for vampy sexy, I like darker wines.  Every so often, though, a red will catch my eye, and I'm really happy when they actually work.

indoor, bright CF light
 Love, Actually was the clear stand-out from this year's Valentine's collection from Llarowe.  It's a rich, saturated color, about 2 shades darker than true fire-engine-red, and the dark is probably what makes it so lusciously wearable for me.  You can see a good bit of holo in the bottle here, but the rainbow was extremely subtle on the nail - this is more of a soft, shimmery look, and is definitely my least POW holo, scattered or otherwise.

outdoor, overcast light
The first coat went on a little patchy and dried satin.  The 2nd coat and a layer of topcoat brought it to the opaque shine you see here.

indoor, CF lighting
It's a darker red in the shade or indoors, but a devastatingly lush red in bright sunlight.  My partner loved this color.

check out the softly shimmering sparkle.  sigh.

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars.  Light edgewear and a few chips were coming up for me by the 2nd day, and this does stain very slightly (though since my nails rarely get stained no matter how dark of a polish I use, this may be more significant for other people), but damn that red.  Oof!

Where to buy:  I believe this was an LE that's not going to be restocked, so try blog sales and ebay.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Book Club Nails - The House in the Cerulean Sea