Star-spangled Nails for the 4th

I've never done holiday nail art before, but this super easy tutorial on a braided nail look inspired me to make a red-white-and-blue accent nail, and the rest all came together.


My thumb and pinky have a England's Perceval, my index and ring are Wet n Wild's Root of All Evil (best $2 ever, i'm starting to think), and my middle finger is braided stripes of each of those two plus an ancient Jane polish (remember Jane cosmetics?) called You're Smokin'.


Over the blue, I've individually placed holographic stars out of a mini from Claire's that's equally old as that Jane polish - somewhere between 15 and 20 years old, actually.  While other cosmetics crash and burn after a few years, nail polish fo-evah!


I like the braided accent nail a whole lot, and it's absolutely as easy as that tutorial makes it out to be.  I've never done this before, and I think it looks just as good on my right as my left hand, so that means anyone can do it.  Happy 4th!

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball