Colors by Llarowe Katarina

I've been lemming Rescue Beauty Lounge's Aqua Lily for quite some time now, but I'm not willing to pay the secondary market price for it.  When Llarowe dropped swatches of this year's Overboard collection, my eye instantly stuck to Katarina, and BAM lemming squashed.

bright CF lighting
Katarina is a creamy sky blue that is quite teal in some lighting - though I'm way too orangey in the bottle shot above, the polish color is completely accurate for this lighting on my monitor.

shady, indirect daylight
At other times, it's definitely blue and not teal, but most often with a little or a lot of fuchsia-pink shimmer.

bright sunlight
The formula was a little thick and the brush was a little bigger than ideal, but 2 coats covered nicely, and this bright poolside color is awfully fun.

bright sunlight

shady, overcast daylight
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.  I've proven yet again to leap toward blue-with-pink-shimmer polishes, but I still like them best when they're more greyed.  While this wasn't my fave for a workday, it absolutely screams VACATION!! so would probably be perfect for when one is actually in tropical paradise.

Where to buy:  direct from Llarowe.

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball