OPI On Her Majesty's Secret Service

The other polish I picked for my recent business trip is from OPI's James Bond collection, On Her Majesty's Secret Service.  I'd had this put on my toes at my fave pedicure spot right before leaving for the trip, then brought it with me to change my nails mid-week, and wow, that was a good idea.


Once again, sorry, all shots in the imperfect dim light of the hotel, but they are very color-accurate.  Check out this bottle shot - you can see tons of greeny-gold sparkle (almost micro-glitter) packed into the gunmetal silver base.  The sparkles translated onto the nail beautifully.


This polish is quite sheer;  both my fingers and my toes needed a full 3 coats for opacity.  In the bright light shot here, you can see through the free edge of the nail, but this wasn't typically visible.


In most lights, OHMSS is gunmetal silver.  All the sparkles give it a nearly-foil-like finish, but overall, pewter or tarnished silver is what ya got.  Those sparkles are magic, though:  green, gold, and most frequently blue, it adds a whole lot of interest and complexity to a color you'd otherwise already have.  The formula was easy to control - I didn't bring acetone and a clean up brush, and i didn't need them at all - and wear time was about average.


Rating:  4 out of 5 stars.  Great formula, amazing color.  Perfect if it was a one- or two-coater, but needing 3 means it takes a bit longer to get your nails finished up.

Where to buy: anywhere that sells OPI (pretty much everywhere).

~Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILNP Masquerade & Comparison

Topcoat battle! HK Girl VS Pro-FX quick dry!

Sally Hansen Belle of the Ball